Main - League News/General Discussion

Completed Trade: Brooklyn Tigers and Seattle Spartans

By norm - League Admin
12/02/2023 4:16 pm
Brooklyn Tigers sends:
Bill “Butcher” Cutting (CB)

Seattle Spartans sends:
David Barrientos (LT)

(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: Brooklyn Tigers and Seattle Spartans

By asnboidmx
12/02/2023 5:09 pm
I don't know if this was meant to be a salary dump trade but as a PSA for everyone, I don't think you can actually do salary dump trades in this game. When you trade a player away, you have to pay ALL of the bonus upfront for the player you are trading away. So in terms of how it affects your salary cap, it is equivalent of you cutting the player.

Also just for a gauge of the market, I think you could've gotten at least a 3rd round pick for the CB. But to each their own.

By norm - League Admin
12/02/2023 7:32 pm
According to the Tigers, Seattle did an accidental cut and this is returning the player.

By asnboidmx
12/02/2023 9:18 pm

By kursetheday
12/03/2023 6:07 pm
I got real busy and didn’t get the roster numbers under. The team auto cut from the secondary due to it being the most plentiful position. By chance it yanked Cutting, McManus, and Brendle.

I put in the waiver claim, and I didn’t get it. I took my lumps. I wasn’t going to do anything, and Duane contacted first and initiated the trade. Duane was just being a good dude.
Last edited at 12/03/2023 6:09 pm