League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Not ready to give up on MFN

By kursetheday
3/11/2024 8:55 am
TL;DR: Join my discord, start building new content on YouTube or other social platforms

My time is limited, but I'm thinking what we can do in some small part to share our experiences on MFN within Football Moguls with the community abroad.

I spend a lot of time (too much, really) creating content for RPGs on virtual tabletops. I run a weekly D&D game, but what it's got me wondering is how that community is a lot like ours (even as contentious; I'm looking at anyone that knows the OGL scandal of 2023), but there are a lot of content producers driven on how to create better experiences.

What I would like to do is create a Football Moguls-MFN Discord server and have a few brave souls start to consider how to construct engaging tutorials and feature overviews for MFN (an updated primer for newbies). However, I think the real treat will be a live-streamed watch party where the two owners are highlighted and react through a match. You get all the drama. You connect real people to the experience. Naturally, it can AND SHOULD be edited and not just lots of downtime before its pushed out to YouTube.

If you are interested, PM me. If you wan to join the discord server, here it be: https://discord.gg/jWhpJRfC. This is all in its infancy, but it's got a chance to be something if we can try.

Re: Not ready to give up on MFN

By Redneckgopher
3/11/2024 9:59 am
sounds cool, I know nothing of discord. I just have such limited free time avail. I would have had some time on short term disability but I am going to Mex for a week then pmuch go back to work. If I find time tho I will give it a whirl. Is there anything I need to figure out? Is it a tough interface to learn?

By kursetheday
3/11/2024 10:10 am
No, not really. There are text and voice channels. Text channels could be generally set up like the message boards: general chat, teams chat, trade chat, help forums, etc. In voice channels you can host meetings or do livestreams where participants can react to content and the platform records it.

By Redneckgopher
3/11/2024 10:12 am
OK never done anything like that, would be an entirely new experience. Do you preset up times so you can coordinate a group to be there? or is there another method to notify participants?

By kursetheday
3/11/2024 10:03 pm
Yes, you can create events. My thinking is if there was a match that you and I played one another. We would agree to not turn on spoilers. Meet in discord the following day and stream the game while we watched together and experienced the sim.

Otherwise, it operates as a group chat that is more advanced than anything MFN offers.