League Forums

Main - Team News

Re: The Ravens fly west....

By kgriffjr
6/29/2023 1:13 pm
The London Ravens new ownership have announced on the eve of the draft that they will rebrand and relocate the franchise. Owner Keith Griffiths Jr released the following statement:

Ever since coming into the league and taking over this franchise at the start of this past season, I have tasked a team of people with the job of looking into relocating the franchise to another city in order to give the franchise a fresh start under my ownership. After an extensive bidding and vetting process, Cardiff was chosen, in part thanks to the brand new stadium they were able to offer us.

Once the new host was chosen, the team then moved onto choosing a new name for the franchise, and once Cardiff was chosen as the host, the name pretty much picked itself, and the decision to make the name Welsh was made in order to better integrate ourselves with the local community. The team then underwent a rigorous logo design process that looked at multiple iterations of the logo before deciding on the logo we have unveiled today.

I appreciate that not everyone will be happy with the announcement we’re making today, and I want to place on record my thanks to all the people that have partnered with the franchise during it’s time in London, and all of it's previous iterations.
Last edited at 7/02/2023 12:19 pm