League Forums

Main - Team News

Dreigiau 2046 Season Launch

By kgriffjr
7/04/2023 3:57 am
After a busy Free Agency period and long draft weekend, the Dreigiau Caerdydd today unveiled their draft picks, new players and the new uniforms the team will play in, at the brand new Canolfan y Ddraig (Dragon Centre), which will serve as the teams new HQ away from the stadium.

The team were delighted to pick up the following players over the course of the draft weekend:

• MLB Roger Anson

• OL Julian Cooper

• DE Brett Cherry

• FB Christian Corbett

• C Robert Valdez

• QB Jacob Cramer

• RT David Owens

• WLB Abraham Lincoln

• WR Wayne Smith

• FS Jon Breland

• RT Jose Crossland

The franchise also picked up a couple of players during free agency, namely K Paul Sylvester and P William Smith, as well as recruiting some coaches.

GM/Owner Keith Griffiths Jr had this to say at the event:

We came into this offseason fully aware that we’re coming from a long way back. This ownership group frankly inherited a bit of mess both on and off the field, with holes all over the place in the roster and on the coaching front, and the goal for this offseason has been fill those holes.

My feeling is that we’ve largely done that. I’m really happy with the picks we’ve made in the draft, and with the moves we made to get more picks in this year, whilst protecting our future picks at the same time.

I need to stress to the new fans joining us this year, as well as fans from the old generations of this franchise, that this will not be an overnight success story. This is going to take time for us to recover, so please be patient with us. We as an ownership group are in this for the long haul, and the long-term goal is to bring success to this franchise.