League Forums

Main - Team News

DEATH VALLEY OBITCHES (and Football News)

By ssid_27
12/03/2023 2:14 am
New Places and New Faces

The Memphis Hound Dog, Salt Lake Templar/Saints franchise has made another identity change and will be now known as Death Valley Buzzards with their colors being Pink, Black, and Yellow. The colors are designed to emulate a vulture or a condor or any other "buzzard" that lives out on the lonely highway, waiting for some road kill or an unfortunate dehydrated victim.
The team will play in Death Valley Municipal Stadium in Parhump, Nevada. If the team is successful they may move to the Silver Bowl or Allegent Stadium in Vegas.
The team had some losses last season and a rebuild is needed. Here are the new faces on your 2048 Death Valley Buzzards Football Team..........

QB/RB #7 William Sandoval 6'0 220 No College. He is a potentially explosive player who bypassed college straight to the Pro game.
WR #33 Mike McGlade 5'11" 202 Michigan State 1st round, 21 overall. This player hasn't panned out as expected. Hopefully he will adapt and start making plays.
WR #18 James Benson 6' 198 Penn. State. 5th round Hopefully he can help keep opposing defenses honest.
WR #17 Henry Wright 5'10" 197 Baylor 4th Season 2nd round 2045 by Los Angeles Xtreme
Brought in out of Free Agency to help the WR corps
LT #79 Antonio Dominguez 6'3" Illinois Round 1 Pick 12 The big fella hasn't made the adjustment to the pro game yet. Hopefully he does being a first rounder.
DT #98 Todd Davis 6'4" 300 2045 Orange Crush 3rd round pick This lineman should be a good replacement to Chandler who is at the end of his career. He is one of the top guys in the league, but can he stay healthy?
RDE #90 Herbert Beverly 6'5" 276 Miami 2nd Round. Another DL man has been playing good and we hope he keeps up the pressure and the containment of the outside.
DB #32 Dan "Candyman" Robitalle 10 year veteran 2039 Arkansas Thrashers 4th Round. Hope he has a couple of good seasons left in him to help our young defense.
DB #49 Micheal Dean 5'10" 191 BYU Undrafted. Found him on the FA market.
DB #25 Howard Feggens 6' 191 USC 2044 Draft London 3rd Round Hopefully this guy can make some plays for us and some leadership.

Well.....there you go. This season is going to be rough, but we are a group of prideful guys and we will give it all every time out. Maybe we can get some slim pickings and get a few wins.

Re: DEATH VALLEY OBITCHES (and Football News)

By ssid_27
12/16/2023 6:38 pm
Buzzards Enjoy an Offensive Explosion\

Although the Buzzards lost the game 44-17, to New Jersey, they were able to put up some points in the "garbage time" in N.J.

Hernandez had a nice 3rd and 4th Quarter throwing 16/36 with 2 TD's. Benson had 6 catches for 88 yards with a TD. Shawn Corder had 3 grabs for 9 yards with a TD. Wright caught 4 for 53 yards.

At this point in the season, anything good is good here in Death Valley. As the team has traded away its 1st Round pick for next year, they will be not giving up on this season. So don't be looking for the team to fold.
Tonight the team takes on the winless Irvine Anteaters in a game that on paper, they have a chance to win so get your money out and put it on the Buzzards tonight.

By ssid_27
12/18/2023 8:48 pm
BUZZARDS WIN BUZZARDS WIN!!
The Buzzards were in Irvine to dine on an Anteater or two last night and had a great night.

CB Luther Miller picked off Dale Francis' first pass attempt and took the game into his own hands for a 23-6 win.

"The other side of the ball has been problematic, so I did what I could to help them get going" Miller said post game.

He made player of the week honors along with 2 ex Templar, Hound Dogs on the defensive side.

This reporter announced to the public to get their pocketbooks out and put your money down on this team and he hopes you took his advice.

We have a long way to go, it's just one win but damnit, it's nice. Let's just see if we can build on this one and get something good going here.

By ssid_27
12/24/2023 1:27 am
PREDATORS PREYED UPON BY BUZZARDS

The Portland Predators were in the Desert last night for dinner. Literally. The Buzzards won a hard fought battle 19-15 and got their second win of the season, their first at home.
The playmaker known as Luther Miller had another 3 pick game moving him into the lead in franchise interceptions for the season with 10 so far. He also leads Moguls League in picks.
The defense got to the QB 7 times in the game as well.

On the offensive side of the ball, Larry Mitchell had a career night with 22 carries for 146 yards and a TD. Shawn Corder also had a TD.

One play worth mentioning....just before halftime Portland defender Rick Kasper picked off an errant Hernandez pass and started down the sideline in what could have been a pick 6. Buzzards QB Hernandez made a jarring hit on him, causing him to lose the football which Hernandez pounced on saving the sure points Portland would have put up before the half.
Asked about the hit Hernandez said "I don't think he saw me. But I didn"t see him when I threw it to him, Im just glad it worked out for us", also after the game Hernandez asked Kasper if he wanted to exchange jerseys. " I thought it would be a way to meet the guy, since were both not seeing each other, now we know who we are"
I don't know if the exchange happened but I speculate a no as the game was tough and very close.

The Buzzards welcome in Tazmania next,, who are struggling this season as well. So the Buzzards look to have some Devil over for dinner tomorrow evening.