League Forums

Main - Team News

Re: With the first pick of the 2022 Draft....

By Booger926
12/25/2018 10:39 pm
The New York Angry Beers will be looking to improve their team.

With an overall Offense ranked 26th and a overall Defense ranked 28th, any top rated player can be considered an improvement.

But where specifically should the team focus on?

Having just one QB on the roster, and that one on the decline, it seems apparent the team needs to get a "Just in Case" insurance policy with looks towards the future. Chris Jordan (6'0" 217#) from Iowa State , Dewitt Dean (6'1" 240#) from Alabama , and Christopher Henderson (6'1" 221#) from Missouri all look promising, but currently being unable to unseat our current #1. And with the #1 overall pick, I don't want to pay someone $millions to hold a clipboard.

Although I hate to admit it, I currently like the team's backfield. Both backs are young and it's a perfect blend of Thunder and Lightning, where one back is the power for inside runs and the other is quick, quick, quick to get to the outside. Adding to that an above average run-blocking FB and I am satisfied, for now, with the teams 3.6 yards per carry. So I won't be looking at that position until later on. Maybe looking towards a trench warrior should be on the radar to help the backfield....but more on that later.

I am concerned that the team allowed 127 yards per game and 4.1 yards a carry. These two stats alone could put any team in a bind, even with the pass happy times now. I haven't had the time to go back and study film, but this stat immediately drew my attention. Definitely going after DE Paul Nickel (6'5" 268#) from Minnesota , DT Malcolm Powell (6'3" 292#) from Southern California , and MLB Gary Hickerson (6'1" 244#) from Ohio State will help any team's defensive plans. Nickel is the safest choice while having the speed to terrorize opposing QBs while Hickerson has the best potential, if he doesn't bust in training camp, to be a team's run-stopper/blitzing nightmare.

After looking at this team's receiving corps, where the team averaged 242 yards per game and just 6.8 yards per attempt, I definitely looked at improving this position. Since I have found that successful owners have a tendency of going 64% pass with receivers, including TEs, having 75+ speed while my newly acquired team DOES NOT have one receiver with a speed greater than 66. I want the NEED for SPEED!!! Getting a player who can stretch the field like possible positional converts RB Joseph Reed (6'0" 214# SP=89) , RB Donald Carmean (5'10" 227# SP=82) from Washington and WR Geoffrey Predmore (6'0" 190# SP=85) from Pittsburgh will help ANY team looking to increase their passing production.

How do you stop a passing team? Well, first off, you get fast, shut-down corners with great man-2-man skills. Like my team's weakness in the receiving corps, this is also an area for concern for my team that should be immediately addressed. Players like CB Gerald Moran (5'11" 195#) from Army , CB Phillip Basham (6'0" 202#) from Arizona State , and CB John Orduna (5'11" 181#) from Georgia Tech certainly have my attention, but unfortunately not one is considered a "Top Five" pick, even though Secondary is Tops in the game.

With all that being said (written) that leaves me with no other choice than to take with the #1 overall choice in the 2022 draft none other than.....
Last edited at 12/25/2018 10:45 pm