League Forums

Main - League Help

injuries

By dangalanti
10/25/2020 10:29 am
Curious if you veteran owners have any advice on injuries. Generally I don't play a guy if any of the health levels are below 60. Is that too conservative? When do injuries impact a players' performance? If he has several levels that are in the 60-70 range do they add up to ding him? Just wondering if I should roll out my best players regardless of health (unless it's a serious injury, obviously), or only play them if they're at 80+ across the board. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Re: injuries

By norm - League Admin
10/25/2020 4:43 pm
If probable, I play them no matter what. If quesitonable, I usually play them, unless I think I won't need them (like they have a good backup, or it's a weak opponent). Doubtful or out, I never play them.

By dangalanti
10/25/2020 6:50 pm
norm wrote:
If probable, I play them no matter what. If quesitonable, I usually play them, unless I think I won't need them (like they have a good backup, or it's a weak opponent). Doubtful or out, I never play them.

Thanks. I usually still play probable and questionable guys, but I didn't know if certain positions (RBs with leg or foot injuries) had a major penalty and they'd be really ineffective and would be better off playing a mediocre backup at 100s than an injured star in the 60s. Not that there are many "stars" on the Monarchs, but you get my point.

By Redneckgopher
10/27/2020 6:01 pm
guess I've been doing it wrong.
almost all dinged up guys I've been putting inactive, even probable. at times hard to field a full lineup always worried the injuries might compound and Id loose the guys for longer. Going to start following a less cautious approach and see what happens

By billstein
10/27/2020 6:04 pm
I personally only play probable. Maybe less than a handleful of times I've played a questionable, if I don't have a full roster otherwise, and it's an important game.

By hollyhh2000
10/28/2020 3:04 am
In the regular season, I try to sit every injured play, as I don't want them to aggravate their injury.

Playoffs, I will play questionable guys, especially when it is not ankle or knee on a speed guy