League Forums

Main - League Help

WR at CB?

By dangalanti
11/24/2020 8:29 pm
I've had a WR playing DB the last few preseason games - any idea why this would happen? He's not in the depth chart at all, is it just because I don't have enough DBs when the starters come out in the second half? Just don't want it to happen in a regular season game. Thanks.

Re: WR at CB?

By asnboidmx
11/24/2020 8:47 pm
Are you telling me I lost to a team that mocked me by playing a WR on defense??

Lol I’m guessing it’s probably cause you have only 4 CBS though I would’ve assumed that they would play one of your other defensive players ahead of a WR.

By dangalanti
11/24/2020 9:46 pm
asnboidmx wrote:
Are you telling me I lost to a team that mocked me by playing a WR on defense??

Lol I’m guessing it’s probably cause you have only 4 CBS though I would’ve assumed that they would play one of your other defensive players ahead of a WR.

I'll take a win however I can get it! That was pretty exciting to win one at the final whistle for a change, even if it was a preseason game.

I do have some safeties in the CB depth chart, so that's why I was confused that a WR would get swapped in for some reason. Probably have to shuffle the roster and add a CB just to be safe.

By billstein
11/24/2020 11:01 pm
Remember, if any of those safeties filling in at CB are starters, they will be benched from all positions when the 2nd string comes in.

By dangalanti
11/24/2020 11:21 pm
billstein wrote:
Remember, if any of those safeties filling in at CB are starters, they will be benched from all positions when the 2nd string comes in.

That's probably it. CB #5 was SS #2, so when he "started" at SS in the second half he couldn't swing over to be an extra CB anymore. Never had this issue before, but my DB pool is pretty shallow right now. Thanks for the info.