League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: MFN changes

By Waitwut
2/13/2024 8:06 pm
dangalanti wrote:
I previously bought the 200 credits package for $40 or something, and that was going to last me a lifetime - didn't need it besides renaming players at a buck a pop, but wanted to say thanks for the game by paying up.

I completely understand that jdb needs money to make it worth his time to try to develop the game. However, I agree with people in the main discussion that he should have released ANY kind of improvement before setting up the subscription tiers - make a good faith showing that he is still actually trying to make the game better. With so many teams getting dropped right away (Wizards, Bangles, Dreigau), I'm sure most people are going with the one team free model, or at most the cheapest ad free tier (which I did with existing credits). He might get a small windfall from this right now, but I doubt a lot of people are going to want to make a big investment.

Like gopher said, if you enjoy the game and can afford to pay something you should, but I'd hold off on a top tier unless you absolutely love having 10-12 teams - I prefer putting lots of time and attention into only one or two, but that's just me.

He is letting owners take credits already purchased in the past towards subscription. Those people are also the only people who paid to begin with. This is no windfall it is just monetary conversion. And it has an end date unless he turns those into regular subscribers plus adds some new ones.

All this to a game he has updated twice since I’ve first logged in. One to roll out 4.6, one to kill OLBZone.

Years, that has been years.

Last edited at 2/13/2024 8:09 pm

By norm - League Admin
2/13/2024 8:31 pm
Hi everyone, I have been out of town for the past few days and just logging back in to see the news. I guess there isn't much to say and much I can do. As you all know, I have only paid money once in this game and that is to create this league and I have never done the multiple teams at once thing. It sounds like we will lose our customization options for the league, which is fine - I kept most things as default anyways, other than shortening free agency. I guess we missed our change to cut down the number of pre-season games. Anyways, I will be here. I will still probably spend 0 on this game. We will hope that others see the quality of our league and fill up the slots. And if this eventually becomes the end of the game, it has been a good ride for sure. But hope springs eternal! Maybe we really do get all the changes and updates finally!

By Waitwut
2/13/2024 8:34 pm
norm wrote:
Hi everyone, I have been out of town for the past few days and just logging back in to see the news. I guess there isn't much to say and much I can do. As you all know, I have only paid money once in this game and that is to create this league and I have never done the multiple teams at once thing. It sounds like we will lose our customization options for the league, which is fine - I kept most things as default anyways, other than shortening free agency. I guess we missed our change to cut down the number of pre-season games. Anyways, I will be here. I will still probably spend 0 on this game. We will hope that others see the quality of our league and fill up the slots. And if this eventually becomes the end of the game, it has been a good ride for sure. But hope springs eternal! Maybe we really do get all the changes and updates finally!

Norm. How’d you get so chill
Last edited at 2/13/2024 8:41 pm

By Waitwut
2/13/2024 8:36 pm
quote="jdavidbakr"]
Cjfred68 wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:
Send me a PM if you have a custom league that you've created/unlocked in the last 30 days. I'll set you with a customization tier so you can edit it for the next month, since you have already paid for it.

So league admins will no longer have this feature going forward?

In order to create and maintain a league, it will require the customization tier. The created league will remain if the league owner drops to a lower tier, but all customizations, including league customizations, will now fall under the customization subscription.[/quote]

By Waitwut
2/13/2024 8:39 pm

The end is near!!!
Last edited at 2/13/2024 8:41 pm

By dangalanti
2/13/2024 11:00 pm
Waitwut wrote:

The end is near!!!

Sorry to see you go wait, but I completely understand. If you're only going to have a single team without paying, the ultra competitive XFL with the most high intensity owners is probably the best way to go.

I googled "free football game" in 2020 when the pandemic was starting and found MFN, and probably went two plus years of playing before buying credits for the first time. If I was coming into MFN in 2024 I'm sure I'd start out with the free option too, so you're probably right that jdb will only get enough money to keep the servers going (maybe). I won't be surprised if one day I come to log in and the game is just gone, but hopefully that won't happen.

By Waitwut
2/14/2024 7:45 am
dangalanti wrote:
Waitwut wrote:

The end is near!!!

Sorry to see you go wait, but I completely understand. If you're only going to have a single team without paying, the ultra competitive XFL with the most high intensity owners is probably the best way to go.

I googled "free football game" in 2020 when the pandemic was starting and found MFN, and probably went two plus years of playing before buying credits for the first time. If I was coming into MFN in 2024 I'm sure I'd start out with the free option too, so you're probably right that jdb will only get enough money to keep the servers going (maybe). I won't be surprised if one day I come to log in and the game is just gone, but hopefully that won't happen.

Dude, bet on that happening.

No joke, let’s put together money and a group. I want to make a push to purchase a portion of this from JDB. If he needs capital we can provide that while creating accountability for progress. If JDB does not peak any interest in this approach, then the subscription model was a ruse to begin with.

He clearly cannot do this on his own either financial or through self management. I think a collective could help if he is willing to actually get to work. And if he does, then he should be paid. Right now he is asking everyone to sign a blank check while he has zero recent history of putting much effort into the game.

I want MFN to stay. I want it to progress. Not like this though because there is no belief by me he makes enough to keep server running AND the cost for him to make any changes.

I’m playing the long game though. If significant positive change occurs, then I will pay. In the short term, I’d rather become an investor to put a balance behind the scenes that doesn’t exist currently which is why nothing is getting done until this pay wall update. This is the biggest update since OLB zone removes. That’s rough and says minimal for future state other than a broken game could cost 36-150 $ a year!!!!!! That value is not relative to anything in the world. They sell real games from real developers for less than that on your App Store.
Last edited at 2/14/2024 7:50 am

By kursetheday
2/14/2024 9:23 am
norm wrote:

For what it's worth, I am already subscribed to the Customization Tier if needed. Is there a co-league management option if we ever need to make such changes?