The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

New Sim Engine: Hints, tips and general advice

By TheAdmiral
10/12/2021 10:38 am
With the announcement today that all Leagues will switch to the new 0.4.6 Sim Engine at the end of the current season, I think it's appropriate to share what is known about changes to gameplay.

The Leagues I admin - Legends, Victory and the roster only Franchise Football have all been using the new 4.6 for a few seasons. Please take a look through these threads to see how things are likely to be.

General Hints and Tips
https://lol.myfootballnow.com/forums/1/565?page=1

Play Stats
https://lol.myfootballnow.com/forums/1/662?page=1

Punt Blocks are very rare, whoever you line up to try and block. This is due to changes in the code for blocking - that therefore effects every play in the game.

Re: New Sim Engine: Hints, tips and general advice

By asnboidmx
10/12/2021 12:21 pm
Thanks for the share! I look forward to not spamming OLB Flat Zone and FL Hitch.

By billyvan1989
10/12/2021 6:56 pm
oh **** no, i hated that **** engine.

By dangalanti
10/12/2021 9:38 pm
I've been reading your beta league forums Admiral even though I never joined - thanks for the insight. Just so I'm clear, the new version goes into effect for Moguls for the 2037 season, correct? We'll be one of the first leagues to adapt it?

By TheAdmiral
10/13/2021 2:18 am
As far as I know, the switch will happen at the end of this season and prior to free agency.

By IoanBlood
10/13/2021 4:26 am
TheAdmiral wrote:
As far as I know, the switch will happen at the end of this season and prior to free agency.

... if the league admin doesn't PM JDB to stay in 0.45.

By norm - League Admin
10/13/2021 12:29 pm
We will go with the new game engine. If JDB says it is ready to go, we will keep up to date.

Sounds like we can drop any restrictions on playing DBs on DL after this change?

By kursetheday
10/13/2021 1:12 pm
norm wrote:
We will go with the new game engine. If JDB says it is ready to go, we will keep up to date.

Sounds like we can drop any restrictions on playing DBs on DL after this change?

The word is won't make too much of a difference now. I know a few owners in the Community forum that have challenged it to see if it'll work, and it has a lower success rate in any case, but it's still possible to do.

By TheAdmiral
10/13/2021 1:39 pm
kursetheday wrote:
norm wrote:

The word is won't make too much of a difference now. I know a few owners in the Community forum that have challenged it to see if it'll work, and it has a lower success rate in any case, but it's still possible to do.

The only Punt blocks I'm aware of are when players have non Punters attempting to Punt or Punt timing is below 75.

You can line up the fastest players you have, if you so wish. However if you go too lightweight on kick returns/punt returns you will be susceptible to KRTD's and good Punt returns.

Rules regarding weight are not necessary either in my opinion. The line of Scrimmage is very important on both sides of the ball.

I would anticipate results being a little 'out of whack' in the first season or two, alongside frustrations but if you put the time in, you can make it work.

By kursetheday
12/01/2021 11:44 am
I still see a whole lot of chatter in the community forums about how bad 0.4.6 is (and yes, I realize I'm saying this as 10-1 and playoff bound), but it's not terrible. It's a ground and pound football that's certainly not a mimic of the NFL. You can't throw beyond 6 yards and there's a lot of sacks and too many drops, but I haven't NOT enjoyed it.

I like that QBs wills scramble and slide. I like that having good blockers actually helps. I love that the FL Hitch doesn't get you an automatic TD if you have a 90+ SPD WR. I like that we don't have to have rules (currently) for Punt Blocks and the like.

The league feels really competitive too (even billy).

I don't get that the game is broken.