League Forums

Main - Team News

Re: Salt Lake Templars Inaugural Season News

By norm - League Admin
10/20/2022 8:32 pm
Luckily there's no sports betting in Utah!

By ssid_27
10/20/2022 8:35 pm
TIGERS DEVOUR TEMPLARS

The champion Brooklyn Tigers were in Salt Lake City last night and gobbled up the Templars, Helmet, Sword, Shield, and all with a 32-0 debacle in front of 34,077 fans who probably wont be coming back soon.

THE TEAM HAD -14 YARDS PASSING!
12 Sacks, I could go on and on but I don't want to.

The Templars schedule doesn't let up with Charlotte next.

By ssid_27
10/31/2022 11:52 pm
TEMPLARS HOST REAL KAYFABE

The Real Kayfabe was in Salt Lake to play a game against the Templars. This reporter has his doubts on if they were there to play football or to stage a wrestling type performance. I guess only the players know the truth.

Salt Lake won 33-0.

The Rookie QB Espinal played really well, 13/17 for 119 yards with 2 TD and 0 picks. He finished his game with a 134.19 QB rating that will be hard to top in his future in the league.

Rookie RB Alfred Shoop had a big day as well, in both workload and production. He carried the ball 35 times for 221 yards. He didn't get into the end zone though so he didn't get any league press highlights on team of the week.

On D Zamora the MLB continued to be a beast with some inspiring LB play that had analysts comparing him to another great Hound Dog LB, I think you all reading this know who that is........ the Great Robert Asbury. But anyways, Zamora had 2 picks, but he didn't have his usual big hit to cause a fumble. Levi Brandon had 2 picks at CB as well, with Donald Gaines picking off the Rookie Allen Schwartz once.

Allen Schwartz had, hopefully for the young man....a game that will be hard to do worse than. I hope the youngster can shake it off.

So coming up on the schedule next is N.J., the team that was once the Atlanta Falcons. They come off of a big win over League Champion Brooklyn, putting up 55 points to the Tigers 7.

The Templars have their work cut out for them in the game tonight and hope to give the opponent their first loss of the season. Who knows? It could happen.

That's why I always say "That's why they play the game."

By ssid_27
11/07/2022 2:10 am
CAN THE TEMPLARS STOP THE BLEEDING?

Salt Lake City-
After the last 3 football games the Templars have played, they have put up 3 points. The opponents have put up 86. It makes you wonder why they even bother to field a football team.

"The losses are tough" replied rookie QB David Pineal when asked about the losing streak. "If the games were competitive, it would be okay. I know I am a rookie, but I want to at least put some points on the scoreboard, if not be in the game in the 4th." he added.

When asked if they can stop the bleeding this week Pineal just looked at the reporters gallery like he was in a trance. I guess he must have thought it a stupid question or was amazed someone even asked it?
The Templars go to Jersey for this weeks game and play an undefeated team there.

This is one trip out to the first aid kit to grab some bandages and a tourniquet but the strange thing is the person that is supposed to be in a hurry isn't. I think anyone can see what that means.............RIP

By ssid_27
12/30/2022 12:06 am
THIS YEARS TEAM HAS CAUGHT THIS REPORTERS ATTENTION

As Salt Lake starts to bring home the dubs, this reporter has an eye on the team and is looking for interviews after tonights game.

It's not fun writing about other teams beating the team you report for so I haven't been interested in any stories.
A big win tonight will probably get me in the mood to write.
Let's Go......

By dei1c3
12/30/2022 1:11 pm
ssid_27 wrote:
THIS YEARS TEAM HAS CAUGHT THIS REPORTERS ATTENTION

As Salt Lake starts to bring home the dubs, this reporter has an eye on the team and is looking for interviews after tonights game.

It's not fun writing about other teams beating the team you report for so I haven't been interested in any stories.
A big win tonight will probably get me in the mood to write.
Let's Go......

ROFL! #humblebrag

Keep up the great work either way. Love reading your stuff. If my team ever becomes even competent, I might try the same. But there's not a lot of attraction to writing posts that are basically "Rumble Ponies get whooped again."